You can find the best chick flicks on Netflix. It is a great place to find the best chick flicks unless you don’t know what you want to watch.
It has a wide variety of chick flicks, ranging from the classics like Legally Blonde to more recent blockbusters.
You can spend hours browsing through movies and still not find a winner. We’ve put together a list of the best chick flicks on Netflix so you can spend your time enjoying them instead of searching.
1. 13 Going On 30 (2004)
- Starring: Jennifer Garner, Christa B. Allen, Mark Ruffalo, Judy Greer, Andy Jerkis, Phil Reeves, Kathy Baker, Lynn Collins, and Susan Egan.
What makes a movie one of the best chick flicks on Netflix other than a sprinkle of some magical dust to make everything right?. We see some of that come into play in the life of Jenna Rink (Jennifer Garner).
She is an underdog in school and is striving hard to be popular, but when things don’t go her way, her wish to be 30, flirty and thriving is magically granted. It turns out that this isn’t exactly the life she expected or everything she could ever want.
2. She’s All That (1999)
- Starring: Freddie Prinzw Jr., Rachael Leigh Cook, Matthew Lillard, Paul Walker, Jodi Lynn O’Keefe, Kevin Pollack, Kieran Culkin, Elden Henson, Usher Raymond, Kimberly “Lil Kim” Jones, Anna Paquin, and Gabrielle Union.
Our list of the best chick flicks on Netflix would be incomplete without this classic everyday teen, RomCom “She’s all that.” It is a typical Prom King and Queen story with all the pettiness that comes with it.
The school hottie Zack is kicked out to the curb for a TV star by his Prom Queen girlfriend, Taylor Vaughan.
In a bid to save face, he agrees to a bet offered by his friend Dean, he is supposed to miraculously turn one of the most basic girls at school into a prom queen, and this mantle falls on. We all know how it goes on from there, right? Yeah, I thought so.
3. The Kissing Booth Trilogy (2018 – 2021)
- Starring: Joey King, Jacob Elordi, Joel Courtney, Stephen Jennings, Carson White, Molly Kingswald, Morné Visse, Meganne Young, Taylor Zakhar Perez, and Maisie Richardson-Sellers.
Next on our list of the best chick flicks on Netflix, we have the kissing booth. Elle Evans (Joey King) is among the popular crowd at school, but she has a minor flaw, and that is the little fact that she hasn’t been involved in a lip lock all her life!.
She decides to fix that by making a kissing booth as a fundraiser at the Spring carnival with the help of her best friend, Lee. Elle and Lee have a couple of rules for each other, and one of them is that family members are off-limits.
But Elle has had a crush on Lee’s older brother Noah for eons and begins a secret relationship with him after they share a kiss at the kissing booth.
We must follow them on their journey through love, ivy league college applications (acceptances and rejections), and every other drama you can expect to see among teens and young adults.
4. The Notebook (2004)
- Starring: Ryan Gosling, Rachel McAdams, James Garner, Gena Rowlands, James Marsden, Kevin Connolly, Sam Shepard, and Joan Allen.
While staying in a nursing home, one of the residents decides to read a novel daily to another elderly female resident called Ms. Hamilton (Gena Rowlands).
It’s a story based on the love shared between Noah (Ryan Gosling) and Allie (Rachel McAdams), Two people from different social classes who go through events that test their affections for each other.
Allie’s parents set off some of these events because they disapproved of her relationship. Subsequently, as the movie progresses, Duke’s reason for reading the story comes to light.
5. The Incredible Jessica James (2017)
- Starring: Jessica Williams, Chris O’Dowd, Noël Wells, Lakeith Stanfield, Megan Ketch, Zabryna Guevara, Sarah Jones, Taliyah Whitaker, Anne Carney, and Susan Heyward.
The Incredible Jessica James is next on our list of the best chick flicks. Jessica (Jessica Williams) has just come up for air from an unpleasant relationship with a guy called Damon, and her friend Tasha (Noël Wells) has already managed to set her up on a date with Boone (Chris O’Dowd), a guy she met on Tinder.
He’s also coming out of an equally lousy relationship; they become United in their grief and end up as friends as they help each other get over their exes and deal with the insecurity that Jessica experiences from receiving so many rejection emails. Will they find love again? Will Jessica find the fulfillment she desires from her craft?.
6. Dear John (2010)
- Starring: Channing Tatum, Amanda Seyfried, Henry Thomas, Scott Porter, Richard Jenkins, Luke Benward, D.J. Cotrona, Cullen Moss, and Gavin McCulley.
Our list of the best chick flicks on Netflix will be lackluster without some steamy romance. John (Channing) meets Savannah Curtis (Amanda) while he’s on leave in South Carolina visiting with his father. After two weeks, they have to return to their lives with promises to keep their love alive through letters.
John passes up a chance to return home and chooses to re-enlist in the army, turns out Savannah has had enough and ends up falling in love with someone new and writing him a “Dear John” letter. What will become of their beautiful love story?
7. Set It Up (2018)
- Starring: Zoey Deutch, Glen Powell, Rate Diggs, Lucy Liu, Jean Smalls, Meredith Hagner, Pete Davidson, Jon Rudnitsky, Tituss Burgess, Noah Robbins, and Jaboukie Young-White.
This RomCom is focused on two stressed-out executive assistants. Harper Moore (Zoey) is the assistant to an Editor-in-chief for an online Sports Journalism magazine, while Charlie Young (Glen) is the assistant to a venture capitalist.
After a chance meeting, they end up conniving to get their bosses to hook up so they can have less time on their hands to overwork them. Watching how things play out makes this movie a great addition to our list of the best chick flicks on Netflix.
8. A Cinderella Story (2004)
- Starring: Hillary Duff, Chad Michael Murray, Jennifer Coolidge, Regina King, Dan Byrd, Madeline Zima, Andrea Avery, Julia Gonzalo, Whip Hubley, Brad Bufanda, Simon Helberg, J. D. Pardo, Erica Hubbard, Lady Cole, and Aimee Lynn Chadwick.
Samantha (Hilary Duff) loses her father during an earthquake, and her life transitions into a living nightmare thanks to her stepmother. Subsequently, after a phone mix-up, she makes friends with a guy called Nomad.
They meet after he asks her to meet at the school dance, but she has to run off, so her stepmother doesn’t notice her absence and loses her phone. Austin, who goes by the pen name Nomad, now has to embark on a mission to find out who she is.
9. Burlesque (2010)
- Starring: Cher, Christina Aguilera, Eric Dane, Cam Gigandet, Julianne Hough, Alan Cumming, Peter Gallagher, Kristen Bell, and Stanley Tucci.
Ali (Christina Aguilera) is a waitress but leaves the job to pursue a career on stage in Los Angeles. She gets a job as a waitress at a burlesque lounge that was once a hot spot.
Along the line, she’s able to convince the owner and headliner, Tess (Cher), to let her become one of the dancers. Tess gives her a chance, which marks the beginning of new things for her and the club.
10. Eat, Pray, Love (2010)
- Starring: Julia Roberts, James Franco, Richard Jenkins, Viola Davis, Billy Crudup, Javier Bardem, Sophie Thompson, Mike O’Malley, Christine Hakim, and Arlene Tur.
Liz Gilbert (Julia) is going through a midlife crisis at a point when she seemingly has it all. She decides to rediscover herself by traveling around the world.
Following her across Italy, India, and Indonesia as she finds pleasure in food and prayer and finds true love makes this a needed addition to our list of the best chick flicks on Netflix.
11. Let It Snow (2019)
- Starring: Isabella Merced, Shameik Moore, Kiernan Shipka, Odeya Rush, Liv Henson, Mitchell Hope, Jacob Batalon, and Joan Cusack.
My first thought was Let it snow by Vaughn Monroe, but this isn’t the song; it’s one of the best chick flicks on Netflix, adapted from a book of the same name authored by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle.
Many young people end up in a small town on Christmas Eve, and when they’re young people, there are bound to be love triangles, dramatic exits, heartbreaks, wild parties, drinks, more drinks, dancing, and a couple of steamy scenes or two. It’s a fantastic addition to our list and features its fair share of stars, including Spidey’s side-kick.
12. Something Borrowed (2011)
- Starring: Kate Hudson, Ginnifer Goodwin, John Krasinski, Colin Egglesfield, Steve Howey, Peyton List, Ashley Williams, Geoff Pierson, and Jill Eikenberry.
Rachael (Ginnifer Goodwin) is a lawyer, and she’s best friends with Darcy (Kate Hudson). During her time in law school, she met Dex (Colin Egglesfield) and had developed feelings for him and didn’t say anything leaving him open for Darcy to pursue till she reeled him in hook, line, and sinker.
Subsequently, Darcy throws her a party years later, and Dex is in attendance; they’re engaged now. However, it doesn’t stop Rachel from spending the night with him, even though they agreed to never speak of it again. Watching everything unfold makes it a great addition to our list of the best chick flicks on Netflix.
13. Love Guaranteed (2020)
- Starring: Rachael Leigh Cook, Damon Wayans Jr., Caitlin Howden, Jed Rees, Lisa Durupt, Sean Amsing, Brendan Taylor, Alvin Sanders, Kandayse McClure, and Heather Graham.
Nick (Damon Wayans) joins an online dating site and ends up displeased with the outcome of his 900+ dates. Susan (Rachael Leigh Cook) comes into the picture as Nick’s lawyer when he decides he’ll be suing the company.
However, as the case builds up, so do their feelings for each other. Will this new development affect the strength of their case?.
14. Someone Great (2019)
- Starring: Gina Rodriguez, Brittany Snow, DeWanda Wise, Lakeith Stanfield, and Peter Vack.
Jenny (Gina Rodriguez) gets her dream job in San Francisco with Rolling Stone, but her boyfriend of nine years, Nate (Lakeith), isn’t willing to do the long-distance thingy, so he breaks things off with her.
She spirals into depression, and only her best friends Erin (DeWanda) and Blair (Brittany) can get her out of it and set for her new life.
15. Legally Blonde (2011)
- Starring: Reese Witherspoon, Luke Wilson, Selma Blair, Mathew Davis, Victor Garber, Jennifer Coolidge, Moonie, Holland Taylor, Ali Latter, Jessica Cauffiel, Alanna Ubach, Francesca P. Roberts, Oz Perkins, and Linda Cardellini.
Elle Woods (Reese) is Miss June, President of her sorority, and has a couple of other titles under her blonde hair that could only be important to a high-schooler.
Still, she’s obsessed with marrying her boyfriend Warner Huntington III (Matthew). Unfortunately, he thinks she’s dumb, too blonde, and superficial.
Warner gets into Havard law school, and in a bid to prove herself worthy of him, Reese studies and gets in too. She believes she has a point to prove on behalf of all the blondes as she juggles excelling at law school and winning back Warner’s affections.
The best chick flicks on netflix feature several great movies that have the power to make you laugh and cry. Some of these movies have both elements, and you might even feel a bit nostalgic.
I’ve listed fifteen of the best chick flicks on netflix here. If I’ve left any out that you enjoy, let us know in the comments below.
Keep in mind that since streaming services are constantly changing and searching for new content, some of these movies might be removed over time.