Smart TVs are getting smarter by the day, and with so many smart devices being connected to Alexa these days, it only makes sense that smart home tech would follow.
Unfortunately, because Echo and its Smart Wink voice-activated assistant aren’t natively supported on just about every major smart TV platform (with the exception of Google’s own home assistant service), getting your voice-controlled entertainment center up and running with Alexa is a bit of a headache.
However, we have simplified this task for you and broken down this process into simple steps.
So, let’s take a look at how to connect your smart TV to Alexa so that you can control all your devices with one voice command.
If you want to connect your Alexa device to a TV, you’ll need to turn on your TV and set it to one of its inputs.
In most cases, this means connecting it to an HDMI port on your TV. If you have a smart TV with multiple HDMI ports, choose the one that is labeled “HDMI.”
There are several ways to do this:
Press the input button on your remote control and select HDMI from the options provided. If you don’t see this option, or it doesn’t work, consult your TV’s manual or contact the manufacturer if necessary.
Use an HDMI cable attached to an adapter (sold separately) if you’d like to use a different type of connection.
If you’re using a wireless router, make sure your TV and Alexa device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
To check the connection between your TV and Alexa device:
- Open the Amazon Smart Home app on an Android phone or tablet.
- Tap Alexa Connected Devices in the left column.
- You will see the Wi-Fi network to which Alexa is connected.
- Now, check out the Wi-Fi name in Smart TV.
- Open settings and wireless connectivity, and you will see the network to which your Smart TV is connected.
- Pair both of them with one Wi-Fi and one router.
- Press the Home button on your remote or press the Back button on your remote.
- Find the Settings icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap it and enter your administrator password if needed.
- Select the System option from the menu that appears.
- Select Alexa Voice Remote Control under My Apps & Features or My Apps & Features settings if you have a Fire TV device connected to your TV using an HDMI cable.
- Press Get Started and log in to your Amazon account.
- On the main page of your Alexa app, select Smart Home, then choose Connected Home.
- Choose the TV manufacturer you want to connect with. For example, Samsung, LG, Sony, and other brands.
- Select your TV model. You can also choose to connect a TV that’s not listed as compatible with Alexa but has other features you want to use, such as smart home capabilities.
- Choose whether to use a Philips Hue light bulb to control the TV. You can also select whether you want to use Google Assistant or Siri on your TV instead of Alexa.
You can navigate to the Amazon TV app on your smartphone or tablet and launch it from there. Once you’re inside, you’ll see a screen that says, “Discover my device.” Tap that button to connect with your smart TV.
Once connected, you can ask Alexa to play content from Prime Video, Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube. You can also set reminders (like “set a reminder for 5 minutes later”), control playback, and more using voice commands.
This is the easiest way to set up your Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick with Alexa voice control.
First, connect your Amazon Fire TV Stick or Fire TV to a power source. If a code appears on the screen, enter it into the app.
If you’re using an older Fire TV Stick or Fire TV, open Settings > System > About > Network. Then select “Network Settings” and enter the code provided by your device’s manufacturer.
How to Watch Country Restricted Shows on Netflix on Smart TV?
Netflix shows like Better Call Saul and Berlin Station are strictly country restricted and are only available in selective regions or closed territories. But here’s a trick that allows you to change your Smart TV IP address to those areas and enjoy the show.
To do this, get Smart TV VPN. Download and install the application on your TV, open up the app and search for the region. After that, you can easily connect to the following space to enjoy your favorite thrilling show.
Today, we discussed and simplified the process of connecting your Alexa device to your brand-new Smart TV. While it’s a pretty straightforward process, some new customers still find it intimidating because they are relatively new to this thing. And it’s okay to search for your question because there’s a first time for everything.